Healthy Maharashtrian breakfast with flattened rice
Poha 2 cups
Oil 1 ½ tbsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Curry leaves 8-10 no.
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Green chilli chopped 2-3 no.
Sliced onion 1 ½ no.
Blanched green peas 2 tbsp
Potato boiled & cubed 1no. (Small)
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Coriander chopped 1 tbsp
Lemon juice ½ no.
Salt to taste
- Wash and strain the poha and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilli chopped, curry leaves and sauté for 30 sec.
- Add sliced onion and sauté until slightly brown.
- Add potato and green and sauté for 1 min.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add poha and mix well and cook for 1 min.
- Switch off the flame, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove it in a serving bowl, and serve hot.