Methi paneer bhurjee is very tasty and yet simple curry that pairs perfectly with chapati roti,naan (all indian breads)
- Fresh fenugreek leaves – 1 bunch
- Cottage cheese – 200grams
- Rice bran oil – 2 tablespoons
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Whole dry red chillies, broken – 3-4
- Cumin seeds – 1teaspoon
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, finely chopped – 1tablespoon
- Green chillies, chopped – 2-3
- Onions, finely chopped – 2 medium
- Red chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Dry fenugreek leaf powder – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice -1 teaspoon
- Papad, roasted and crushed – 2
- Heat rice bran oil in a handi, add asafoetida and dry red chillies and sauté. Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic and mix. Add green chillies and onion and sauté till onions are lightly browned.
- Add fenugreek leaves and sauté on low flame for eight to ten minutes.
- In the meanwhile crumble cottage cheese and keep aside in a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the pan and sauté for about two minutes, now Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Add dry fenugreek leaf powder and milk, cook further for about two minutes. Sprinkle lemon juice and garam masala and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Top up with crushed roasted papad and serve hot