Methi paneer bhurjee is very tasty and yet simple curry that pairs perfectly with chapati roti,naan (all indian breads)
Fresh fenugreek leaves 1 bunch
Cottage cheese 200 grams
Rice bran oil 2 tablespoons
Asafetida ¼ teaspoon
Whole dry red chillies, broken 3-4
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Ginger, finely chopped 1 tablespoon
Garlic, finely chopped 1 tablespoon
Green chillies, chopped 2-3
Onions, finely chopped 2 medium
Red chilli powder ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Dry fenugreek leaf powder 1 tablespoon
Milk ¼ cup
Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Papad, roasted and crushed 2
- Heat rice bran oil in a handi, add asafetida and dry red chillies and sauté. Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic and mix. Add green chillies and onion and sauté till onions are lightly browned.
- Add fenugreek leaves and sauté on low flame for eight to ten minutes.
- In the meanwhile crumble cottage cheese and keep aside in a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the pan and sauté for about two minutes, now Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Add dry fenugreek leaf powder and milk, cook further for about two minutes. Sprinkle lemon juice and garam masala and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Top up with crushed roasted papad and serve hot.