- Raw bananas, halved, boiled, peeled and cut into fingers – 6
- Rice bran oil – 1 tablespoon + to deep-fry
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 4
- Raw peanuts – ½ cup
- Raisins – 2 tablespoons
- Scraped fresh coconut – 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 medium bunch
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1½ tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry bananas fingers till golden. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat one tablespoonrice bran oil in a pan, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and green chillies and sauté till fragrant.
- Add raw peanuts and sauté for three to four minutes.
- Add fried bananas, raisins, scraped fresh coconut, coriander leaves, salt, sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Cook for one to two minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve.