Rice cooked along with cumin seeds and whole spices tempered in ghee aromatic and flavourful.
- Basmati rice – 1½ cups
- Ghee – 1 ½ tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the rice in two changes of water and soak in three cups of water for one hour. Drain.
- Place the ghee and cumin seeds in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook, uncovered, on 900 W for thirty seconds.
- Add the rice, salt to taste and three cups of water and stir well. Cover, either with a microwave-safe lid, or cling film through which holes have been pierced. Cook for thirteen minutes on 900 W.
- Let it stand for five minutes before serving.