shrikand is a semi soft, sweetish sour, whole milk product prepared from lactic fermented curd, It is one of the main desserts in Gujarati cuisine and Maharashtrian cuisine.
- Kala jamuns – 20-25
- Hung yogurt – 2 cups
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Green cardamom powder – 1/4 cup
- Assorted nuts (cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios) chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Put the kala jamuns in a stainless steel shaker and shake vigorously. Place a sieve over a bowl and put the kala jamuns in it and mash with the back of a spoon.
- Put powdered sugar into a non-stick pan, add the mashed kala jamuns and cook mashing the fruits some more so that all the pulp separates from the seeds.
- Remove the seeds and discard. When the mixture thickens slightly transfer it into a large bowl. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator to cool.
- Bring the bowl out of the refrigerator, add hung yogurt and mix well.
- Add green cardamom powder and 1 tbsp chopped nuts and mix well.
- Transfer into serving bowl, sprinkle remaining chopped nuts on top and serve chilled.