Jamun shahi tukda is a quick and easy bread pudding dessert of fried bread,and is topped with rabadi and served chilled
- Kala jamun puree – 8 tablespoons
- Bread slices, cut into roundels- 12
- Oil – to deep-fry
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Rose water- 2 tablespoons
- Saffron – few strands
- Rabadi – 4 tablespoons
- Heat rice bran oil in kadai. Deep-fry bread roundels till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat a pan, add sugar, one cup water and jamun puree and cook till the mixture reaches syrup consistency. Dip the fried bread roundels in the syrup till soft, drain and keep aside on a plate. Drizzle rose water over the bread roundels.
- Add saffron to the syrup remaining in the pan and mix. Cook till the syrup reduces and becomes thick like compote.
- Place some jamun compote and rabadi on half the roundels, cover with the remaining roundels. Put some more Rabadi on the top. Garnish with remaining Jamun compote.
5. Serve chilled