Jal jeera or cumin seed cooler is a delicious spicy appetizers drink for hot summers
- Cumin seeds, roasted and ground to a powder – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh mint leaf paste – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh cilantro leaf paste – ½ teaspoon
- Amchur (dried mango powder) – 1 ½ tablespoons
- Black salt – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Chilled water – 5 cups
- Fresh mint leaves – to garnish
- Place a non stick small pan on medium heat. Let it heat for 2 minutes, then add the cumin seeds and roast till well browned and fragrant. Cool completely and grind to a fine powder.
- In a large jug, mix the freshly roasted cumin powder, mint paste, coriander leaf paste, dried mango powder, black salt, lemon juice and sugar.
- Add the chilled water and stir till all the ingredients are well blended.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, pour into individual glasses and serve chilled.