Haleem is a stew composed of meat, lentils and pounded wheat made into a thick paste.
Boneless mutton 1/2 inch cubes 250
Ghee 3 tablespoons
Green cardamoms 2-3
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Bay leaves 2
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Onions sliced 3 medium
Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Split green gram with skin soaked 2 tablespoons
Split Bengal gram (chana dal) soaked 2 tablespoons
Instant oats 4 Tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2-3 tablespoons
Fresh mint leaves hand torn 10-12
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, cumin seeds and onions and sauté till light brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and continue to sauté. Add chana dal, moong dal and oats and stir.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix.
- Add half a cup of water and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add mutton cubes and salt and mix. Add four cups water close the lid and pressure cook for 3-4 whistle
- Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Stir and cover. Cook on medium heat till done. Remove the bay leaves.
- Blend it lightly using a hand blender and serve hot.