In this world of quick fixes, I would give this recipe an award! It is truly delicious and if you don’t tell, no one will guess the origin of the ‘wade’!
- Jeera butter biscuits – 8 large no
- Thin buttermilk – 4 cups
- Yogurt, whisked and chilled – 2½ cups
- Rock salt (sendha namak) – ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Date and tamarind chutney – ½ cup
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Soak the jeera biscuits in buttermilk for eight to ten minutes till soft. Drain, squeeze lightly between your palms and set aside. Alternatively, soak the biscuits in four cups of warm water for four or five minutes and drain.
- Place two soaked biscuits in each serving bowl, and pour chilled yogurt over the biscuits.
- Serve, garnished with rock salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, date and tamarind chutney and coriander leaves.