Chutney made of green tomatoes must try
- Green tomatoes, finely chopped – 6-8 no
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion seeds (kalonji) – ½ tsp
- Ginger piece, finely chopped – 1 inch
- Onions, chopped – 2 no
- Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick kadai. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, onion seeds, ginger and onions and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add green tomatoes and mix well. Add green chilli paste, cumin seeds, sugar, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. If necessary add a little water from time to time and cook till the tomatoes are completely soft.
- Transfer the chutney into a serving bowl and serve.