Turnips grilled and cooked in honey mustard sauce.
- Turnips (shalgam) peeled, cut into thick slices and parboiled in salt and turmeric water – 4 no medium
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Kasundi mustard – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Juice of – 1/2 lemon
- Garlic cloves – 8 no
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli, finely chopped – 1 no
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- A mint sprig – for garnishing
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick grill pan. Place the shalgams slices in the pan and grill on one side till golden.
- To make the dressing, mix together kasundi mustard, honey, lemon juice and keep aside.
- Flip the shalgams slices and grill on the other side till evenly done.
- Heat the remaining oil in another non stick pan. Mash the garlic cloves and add to the pan. Add ginger, green chilli and sauté till garlic is lightly browned.
- Transfer the shalgams to the pan. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, salt and the dressing and toss well.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with a mint sprig and serve hot.