Peas and carrots cooked in broken wheat.
- Shelled green peas – ½ cup
- Carrots, diced – 2 small
- Broken wheat (dalia) – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Onion, chopped – 1 small
- Tomato, seeded and chopped 1 medium
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped fresh coriander (hara dhania) – 2 tablespoons
- Soak the dalia in two cups of water for thirty minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds. As they begin to change colour, add the onion and saute till translucent; add the green peas, carrots and tomato and sauté for one minute.
- Add the dalia and three cups of water; add salt to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and cook till completely done.
- Stir in the butter and fresh coriander and serve at once.