Mirchi cha thecha green chilli coriander chutney is a fiery, spicy but fresh, green coarse chutney spread on toast
- Green peas, boiled and mashed – 2 cups
- Bread – 8 slices
- Green chili – 125 gram
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic cloves – 8-10 no
- Dried coconut, grated and roasted – 10 tbsp
- Coriander – 100 gram
- Lemon – 1 no
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Wash the chilies and let them dry. Remove the stems. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chilies. Remove the chilies and let them cool. Keep the oil aside. Grind the chilies in mixer along with the cumin seeds, salt, garlic, coconut and coriander. Do not add any water.
- Heats the rest oil in a pan add asafetida, mashed green peas and sauté well.
- Add the ground masala and fry well adjust the seasoning.
- Add in the lemon juice and mix well. Meanwhile toasts the bread slices and keep aside.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and spread it on the bread slices cut the bread in triangular shape and serve hot.