Mutton cooked with khada garam masala and flavoured with plenty of crushed black peppercorns.
Mutton, cut into 1 inch pieces on the bone 750 grams
Crushed black peppercorns 1 tablespoon + to sprinkle
Rice bran oil 3 tablespoons
Bay leaves 2
Black cardamoms 3
Green cardamoms 6
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Green chillies, slit 3
Onions, sliced 4 medium
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Cashew nut paste 1 cup
Ghee 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Fresh cream ½ cup
Fried cashew nuts 5-6
For lachcha parantha
Whole wheat flour 5 cups
Rice bran oil 6 tablespoons + to brush & shallow-fry
Salt to taste
- Heat rice bran oil in a pan, add bay leaves, black cardamoms, green cardamoms and cinnamon, sauté until the spices emit flavor.
- Now add onions and sauté until they are translucent, add in the green chillies.
- Add mutton, ginger-garlic paste and salt and mix well. Add enough water to completely immerse the mutton. Cover and cook for twenty five minutes.
- Add cashew nut paste, mix well and continue to cook for eight to minutes.
- Heat ghee in another pan, add crushed black peppercorns and sauté for half a minute.
- Add this tempering to the mutton. Add garam masala powder and cream and mix well and cook on a low flame till the mutton is completely tender.
- For lachcha parantha, put whole wheat flour, refined flour, six tablespoons rice bran oil andsalt in a large bowl and mix well. Add sufficient water and knead into soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into small roundels. Dust each roundel with little dry flour and roll out into thin roti. Brush oil evenly on the roti and make thin folds to shape like a fan and further roll into a round. Roll out these roundels into parantha.
- Heat a tawa, place each parantha on it and roast till the underside is done. Turn it over, apply a little rice bran oil, turn over again and cook till both sides are equally golden.
- Place the parantha on a serving plate and crush lightly. Place the gosht kali miri by its side, sprinkle some crushed black peppercorns and fried cashew nuts, serve hot.