Gajar ke murabbe ka custard cake scooped out cake stuffed with sweetened carrots and custard.
- Carrots, cut into long water thin slices – 2 medium
- Eight inch vanilla sponge – cake 1
- Saffron – A pinch
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Set custard – 1 cup
- For garnishing
- A few tutti fruity
- A few blanched pistachios peeled and sliced
- A little chocolate sauce
- Heat 1 cup water in a non-stick pan, add carrot slices, saffron and sugar and cook for 4-5 minutes or till the carrots are completely cooked.
- Leaving 1 cm border all around, slice a thin layer from the top of the cake. Scoop out some of the cake from this area to make a pocket
- Moisten the inner wall of the pocket with the sugar syrup. Crumble the scooped out cake and add to the carrot mixture
- Mix well and transfer the carrot mixture into the cake pocket. Roughly mash the set custard and put it over the carrot mixture.
- Garnish with tutti fruity, blanched pistachios and chocolate sauce.
- Cut into wedges, place on a serving plate and serve.