Gajar methi ki sabzi this preparation of carrot and fresh fenugreek is both colourful and healthy.
- Carrot , peeled and cut into cubes – 2 cups
- Fenugreek leaves (methi), finely chopped – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, finely chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Onions, roughly chopped – 2 medium
- Ginger and green chili paste – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – To taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and garlic and sauté till brown. Add onions and sauté further till onions are translucent. Add carrots and mix well. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add ginger-green chilli paste and sauté for 2 minutes. Add salt, fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and mix well. Cook till the fenugreek leaves and carrots are done. Add lemon juice and mix well. Reduce heat and cook for a minute.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve immediately.