Paranthas mixed with various seeds and spices.
- Flax seeds – 1/4 cup
- Spinach shredded – 1 small bunch
- Whole wheat flour (atta) – 1½ cups + for dusting
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 cup
- Dried red chillies – 2-3 no
- Black peppercorns – 10-12 no
- Cloves – 2-4 no
- Green chillies finely chopped – 1-2 no
- Onion finely chopped – 1 small
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Black salt (kala namak) – 1/2 tablespoon
- Dried mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for drizzling and basting
- Dry-roast flax seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chillies, black peppercorns and cloves in a non-stick pan till fragrant.
- Coarsely grind the roasted spices.
- Take flour on the worktop. Add spinach, green chillies, onion, carom seeds, garam masala powder, chilli powder, black salt, dried mango powder, turmeric powder, salt and ground spices. Make a cavity in the center, add yogurt and knead into a dough. Sprinkle some water and knead. Add 1 tbsp oil and knead into a soft dough. Transfer into a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out each portion into a thin disc. Drizzle some oil on top of each disc, dust some flour and fold from all 4 sides to make a square.
- Step 6Dust some flour on top of each square portion and roll out to make a thin square parantha.
- Roast each parantha on hot tawa till golden from both sides, basting with some oil.
- Serve hot.