Egg whites topped with masaledar egg yolks.
- Boiled eggs – 8-10 no
- Spring onions – 3 no
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ginger, chopped – 1 inch
- Garlic cloves, chopped – 3-4 no
- Curry leaves – 11-15 no
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Crushed black peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Gram flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- A coriander sprig for garnishing
- Halve the eggs, separate the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger, garlic and sauté till golden. Finely chop spring onions (bulbs and greens) and add to the pan. Add 5-7 curry leaves and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, crushed black peppercorns, salt and mix.
- Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Mix together gram flour, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, salt and water to make a thin batter. Add this batter to the pan and mix well.
- Heat the remaining oil in another non stick pan. Add the remaining curry leaves, scooped eggs, remaining red chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt, fresh coriander leaves and toss lightly.
- Transfer the eggs onto a plate. Spread the egg yolk mixture over the eggs. Garnish with a coriander sprig and serve hot.