This red pumpkin preparation proves that this vegetable can be very tasty too.
- Red pumpkin, peeled and cut into medium sized cubes – 500 grams
- Mustard oil – 2-3 tablespoons
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried red chilies broken – 3-4 no
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 inch
- Curry leaves – 10-12 no
- Salt – To taste
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Heat mustard oil in a non-stick pan, add asafoetida, dried red chillies, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and ginger and sauté for half a minute. Add curry leaves, pumpkin and mix well. Add salt and mix. Cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and chaat masala and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Transfer sabzi into a serving bowl and serve hot.