Button mushrooms green peas and spring onions come together to make a delightful dish
- Button mushrooms (dhingri) – 20-25 no
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Spring onion greens – 4-5 no
- Vinegar – 2-3 tbsp
- Refined flour (maida) – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp + a pinch
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Bhuna masala – 130 grams
- Cashew nut paste – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Separate the stems of the mushrooms, cut them into 4 pieces and place them in a bowl. Add vinegar and maida. Lightly scrub the mushrooms and soak them in water.sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Roughly chop spring onions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté till fragrant. Add mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain the mushrooms and transfer them in the same pan.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, chaat masala and sauté for a minute.
- Add bhuna masala, cashew nut paste, yogurt and mix. Add coriander leaves, spring onion greens, salt and mix.
- Add green peas, sprinkle remaining garam masala and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Serve hot.