International dish Mildly spiced, slightly sweet and tangy, chicken sausages, liked by almost everyone
- Chicken sausages – 8-10
- Rice bran oil – 1tablespoon + for deep-frying
- Garlic, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Onion, sliced – 1 medium
- Crushed black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard paste – ½ teaspoon
- Malt vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Lettuce – a few leaves
- Chopped fresh rosemary – ½ teaspoon
- Halve the sausages horizontally and make crosswise slits on one side without cutting through. Heat sufficient rice bran oil in a kadai and deep-fry the sausages for three to four minutes or till they open out like flowers. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
- Heat one tablespoon rice bran oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and sauté until brown,
- Now add onion and saute till light brown, add in the crushed peppercorns, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, mustard paste, malt vinegar and salt and the sausages, stir fry until the sauce dries up and coats the sausages.
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving plate, put the sausages over them, sprinkle chopped rosemary on top and serve hot.