Oil 2 tbsp
Bay leaf 1 no.
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Cloves 5-6 no.
Black peppercorns 1 tsp
Coriander seeds 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies 2-3 no.
Garlic chopped 1 tsp
Ginger Julienne 1 inch
Asafoetida (Hing) ½ tsp
Onion Chopped 1 no. (Small)
Green chilli 2-3 no.
Yellow Moong Dal ½ Cup
Spinach Puree ½ Cup
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water 2 Cups
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon stock, cloves, black peppercorn, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, mix well and sauté till fragrant.
- Add Chopped garlic, ginger julienne, hing and sauté for 1 min.
- Add Chopped onion, green chillies, mix well and sauté for 2 min.
- Add boiled dal, spinach puree and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, mix well.
- Add water, mix well and cook for 6-8 min.
- When soup is starting to boil, switch off the flame and strain the soup in mixing bowl.
- Blend the left over masala into the grinder and strain it to the mixing bowl, mix well.
- Transfer soup in soup bowl and serve hot.