This is a Kashmiri delicacy that an be enjoyed as desert. Its best accompaniment is boondi raita.
Ghee 2 tbsp
Bay leaf 2 nos
Chironji 1 tbsp
Cashewnuts 10 -15
Dry coconut sliced ¼ cup
Fresh coconut 1 cup
Water as required.
Raisins 1 tbsp
Jaggery grated 1 cup
Rice soaked 1 ½ cup
Saffron soaked in milk 1/2 Tbsp
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee, Add bay leaf, chironji, cashewnuts, dry coconut, and sauté for 2 mins
- Add fresh coconut mix well and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add water as required, add raisins, jaggery, rice, saffron soaked in milk and Mix well .
- pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- After 2 whistles let the pressure cooker rest for 15 mins.
- Remove the pulao in a serving plate and serve hot.