Rose flavoured coconut burfi
- Scraped fresh coconut – 2 cups
- Gulkand – 2 tbsp
- Rose syrup – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp + for greasing
- Green cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grated khoya – 1 1/2 cups
- Rose petals – few
- Heat ghee in a non stick wok.
- Add scraped coconut and sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add green cardamom powder and gulkand and sauté further for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rose syrup and mix. Add khoya and mix well. Cook till the khoya melts.
- Grease an aluminum tray with ghee. Spread some rose petals at the base of the tray. Spread the coconut mixture over the petals and allow to set.
- Cut into wedges, transfer onto a serving plate and serve.