Chickpeas and soya chunks cooked together with some masalas to make a delicious curry.
- Chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained – 1 ½ cup
- Soya chunks soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained – 1 ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Bay leaves – 3
- Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoons
- Green chillies – 4
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoons
- Dried pomegranate seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger , finely chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, finely chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Onion sliced – 2 medium
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chana masala – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Chickpea stock – 2 cups
- Fresh coriander springs – 12-16
- Dried mango powder – 1 ½
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add bay leaves and coriander seeds and sauté for half a minute
- Slit green chillies
- Add cumin seeds, pomegranate seeds and green chillies to the pan and sauté for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic, mix and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onions, mix and sauté for 4-5 minutes
- Add tomato puree, coriander powder, red chilli powder, chana masala, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, soya chunks and chickpea stock, mash the chickpeas a little with the back of the ladle and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Finely chop coriander sprigs and add. Mix well and bring to a boil. Add dried mango powder and mix well. Bring to a boil once again
- Switch off heat, transfer the curry into a serving bowl and serve hot.