Poha, soya granules and potatoes mixed with masalas and made into tikkis.
- Pressed rice (patala poha) – 1 cup
- Soya granules, soaked and drained -1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp + 2-3 tbsp – for shallow frying
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2-3 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Dried mango powder ( amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of – 1/2 lemon
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed – 2 no medium
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- For garnishing-
- Thin strips of red bell pepper
- Thin strips of green capsicum
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and sauté till fragrant.
- Finely chop the onion, add to the pan and sauté till translucent.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dried mango powder, chaat masala and sauté for a minute.
- Add the poha, soya granules, a little water and mix well. Add salt and lemon juice and mix.
- Add potatoes and corn flour and mix well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non stick pan. Make equal portions of the soya mixture and shape them into tikkis.
- Place the tikkis into the pan and cook flipping sides till evenly golden. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Place thin long strips of red bell pepper and green capsicum onto a serving plate. Transfer the tikkis on the plate and serve hot.