Spinach makes this chicken soup more nutritious.
- Chicken breast – 1 no
- Chicken stock – 1 litre
- Spinach paste – 1 cup
- Butter – 20 grams
- Ginger piece – 2 inch
- Garlic pod – 1 no
- Onion – 1 no medium
- Refined flour (maida) – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp + for sprinkling
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Heat butter in a non stick kadai. Mash ginger and add to the kadai.
- Cut a garlic pod horizontally and place in the kadai. Cut onion into 4 pieces and add to the kadai. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add refined flour and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and chicken breast and allow coming to a boil.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala powder and mix well. When the mixture boils, add spinach paste, mix well and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast and keep aside. Strain the soup in a bowl. Cut the chicken breast into small cubes and add to the soup .
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer into serving bowls. Add a garlic clove, sprinkle some black pepper powder and serve hot.