Mouth watering chicken palak pakoda with tasty ingredients, all time favourite for all.
- Boneless chicken, cut into long pieces – 400 grams
- Spinach leaves – 8-10
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 Tablespoon
- Gram flour – 1 ½ cups
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1
- Red chilli powder + to sprinkle – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Salt – to taste
- Carom seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Oil – to deep fry
- Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- Carrot, cut into thin strips for garnishing – 1
- Take a bowl, add chicken, ginger garlic paste, juice of half lemon, and one teaspoon of red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and mix it well. Keep aside for marination.
- In another bowl, mix together gram flour, ginger garlic paste, half teaspoon of red chilli powder, turmeric powder and carom seeds. Slowly add water and make a thick batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in non stick kadhai.
- Dip the spinach leaves in hot water and dab them in a napkin.
- Spread a spinach leaf, keep a marinated chicken piece on it and roll the leaf. Seal the leaf with the gram flour batter.
- Dip the roll in the gram flour batter and slide them in the hot oil. Remove from the oil when half cooked and drain on a tissue paper.
- Heat the oil once again and fry the rolls in the hot oil till golden and crisp.
- Drain onto a absorbent paper. Sprinkle red chilli powder and chaat masala.
- Garnish with mint leaves, carrot strips and serve hot accompanied with green chutney or tomato sauce.