Minced chicken koftas cooked in a flavourful gravy.
- Chicken keema – 750 grams
- Egg – 1 no
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped -1 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Onions – 2 no medium
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/4
- Salt – to taste
- Roughly chopped mint leaves – 1 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves roughly chopped – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Cashew nut paste (12-15 cashew nuts soaked for 15-20 minutes and ground into a paste) – 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Juice of – 1/4 lemon
- For garnishing-
- Fresh red chillies – 2 no
- Break egg in a bowl. Add chicken keema, garam masala powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp butter and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil and remaining butter in a non stick pan. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Finely slice onions, add to the pan and sauté till light brown.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric powder to the pan and sauté for a minute. Transfer into a mixer jar, grind into a coarse mixture and transfer into a bowl.
- Grind the chicken keema mixture and transfer in a bowl
- Heat the remaining oil in another non stick pan. Add bay leaves, cashew nut paste and sauté for 6-8 minutes. Add coriander powder, remaining turmeric powder, remaining red chilli powder and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water to the cashew nut paste and allow coming to a boil. Grease your palms with oil. Make small balls of the chicken mixture and slide them in the cashew nut gravy.
- Add the ground mint coriander mixture and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add fresh cream, lemon juice and mix.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with 2 fresh red chillies and serve hot.