Hyderabadi chicken biryani is loved and relished by every non vegetarian foodie in India and its sub-continent. We are giving our signature style hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe for all of you to try at home. It is most commonly eaten at a restaurant but now you can keep the recipe handy for that special lunch/Dinner.
- Basmati Rice (soaked for 20-30 mins, drain &set aside – 2 cup
- Water – 3 cup
- Small Bay Leaf – 2
- Pepper corn – 1 tsp
- Shahi jeera – 1tsp
- Salt – to taste
Marination for Hyderabadi Chicken biryani
- Chicken with bone – 600 grms
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 ½ tbsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Green chillies juliennes – 4
- Yogurt- 1 ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee – 1 ½ tbsp
- Fried onion – ½ cup
- Mint leaves – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Lemon – 1
- Salt to taste
- Ginger juliennes – 1 inch
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Fried Onion – 1 large
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 4 tbsp
- Finely chopped mint – 3 tbsp
- Rose water – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Saffron strands – ¼ tsp
- Ginger Juliennes – ½ inch
- Green Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
How to make Chicken Biryani (Method)
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned under marination and set aside for at least 2 hrs in a heavy bottom pan
- Wash rice till the water runs clear. Soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Heat 2 ½ cups water in a utensil and bring it to boil. Add salt and stir.
- Then add caraway seeds, bay leaf, and pepper corn. Add the soaked rice and cook till it is ¾ done. Remember this is very important.
- Do not make the rice mushy. Drain off if any excess water is left.
- While the rice cooks. Soak the saffron in hot water.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to heavy bottom handi, add fried onion and green chilies. Half of the mint, coriander leaves and pour in the melted ghee. Mix well and level the surface.
- Layer the cooked rice evenly; add some fried onions, mint and coriander leaves , garam masala powder, green cardamom powder, ghee, saffron, ginger julienne and rose water
- Repeat steps of layering rice, coriander mint leaves and then fried onions, ghee, saffron, rosewater, garam masala powder, green cardamom powder.
- Cover the rim of the casserole with dough to trap the dum and cook it for 15-20 min
- Now check when steam starts coming out of the handi open it .
- Remove it in a serving bowl and serve hot.