Layers of potato slices and spicy chicken mince cooked together.
- Chicken mince – 1/2 kilo
- Potatoes peeled, parboiled and cut into thin slices – 3 no medium
- Mustard oil – 4 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 3 no
- Green chillies – 4 no
- Ginger piece, finely chopped – 2 inch
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped – 8-10 no
- Red tomatoes, puréed – 4 no medium
- Coriander powder -1 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Onions cut into round slices – 3 no medium
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh coriander finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Heat 2 tbsp mustard oil in a non stick pan. Add bay leaves. Slit the green chillies lengthwise; add to the pan and sauté for half a minute.
- Add ginger, garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato purée and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, cumin powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, garam masala powder and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, chicken keema and mix well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non stick grill pan. Finely chop onions into round slices and place in the grill pan. Add the potato slices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle remaining red chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Spread the chicken mince over it.
- Add lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve