Tasty pulao with chenna and mint leaves.
- Basmati rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes – 1 1/2 cups
- Grated chenna – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – 15-20 no
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Black cardamoms – 2-3 no
- Green cardamoms – 4 no
- Cloves – 2-3 no
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2-3 no
- Green chillies, cut lengthwise – 2 no
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add ghee, black cardamoms, green cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns, bay leaves, green chillies, ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add basmati rice and sauté for half a minute. Add chenna, yogurt, salt and mix well.
- Add 2 cups water, mint leaves and mix. Cook on high heat, stirring continuously. When the water evaporates, lower the heat, cover and cook till the rice is completely cooked.
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve hot.