These spring rolls are complexly irresistible.
• Grated processed cheese – ¼ cup
• Spinach, blanched and chopped – 2 bunches (700 grams)
• Whole wheat flour – 1½ cups
• Salt – to taste
• Oil + for shallow-frying – 3 tablespoons
• Garlic cloves, chopped – 2 no
• Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
• Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Mix the flour with salt and two tablespoons of oil. Add sufficient water and knead to make a soft dough. Divide into four portions and roll out each portion into a thin chapati. Heat a tawa, roast the chapati lightly and set a side.
- For the filling, heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Add the spinach, green chilies, salt and garam masala powder, and mix well.
- Heat each chapati on a tawa. Spread half the spinach mixture over it and top with half the cheese. Place another chapati on top. Drizzle a little oil all around and cook for a few minutes. Flip over and drizzle a little more oil all around. Cook till both sides are evenly golden brown and crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.