Tasty and easy pasta recipe
- Grated processed cheese – 1 cup
- Macaroni, boiled – 300 grams
- Butter – 6 tablespoons
- Refined flour (maida) – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- White pepper powder – to taste
- Fresh breadcrumbs – 2 tablespoons
- Crushed black peppercorns (kali mirch) – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped fresh parsley (ajmoda) – ½ tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF/Gas Mark 7.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a pan; add the flour and saute lightly, making sure that it does not change colour.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously, so that no lumps form.
- Add half the grated cheese and continue to stir. After adding the cheese, the sauce will thicken further, so add more milk to adjust the consistency.
- Add salt and white pepper powder and mix well.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a separate pan. Add the macaroni and toss to mix. Strain the sauce into the pan and mix gently.
- Add the remaining cheese and transfer the mixture into a seven-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and dot with the remaining butter. Sprinkle the crushed peppercorns and parsley. Bake till the cheese melts and turns golden. Serve hot.