soya granules and chana chor make fantastic kababs.
- Crushed chana chor – 1/2 cup
- Soaked soya granules – 1 cup
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed – 2 no large
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for shallow frying
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 3 no
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried pomogranate seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Chaat masala – for sprinkling
- Mint sprigs – for garnishing
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add ginger and sauté for half a minute. Add green chillies and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add soya granules and mix well. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dried mango powder, black pepper powder, dried pomogranate seeds, salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add potatoes, chana chor, garam masala powder and corn flour to the bowl and mix well.
- Make equal size balls of the mixture and shape them into tikkis.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Place the tikkis in the pan and cook flipping sides till evenly crisp. Transfer the tikkis on a tissue paper and sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with a mint sprig and serve hot.