Chana aur red pumpkin tariwala, chickpeas, red pumpkin cooked with a few masalas.
- Red pumpkin (bhopla/kaddu) peeled and roughly chopped – 200 grams
- Chick pea, soaked and boiled – 2 cups
- Tomatoes finely chopped – 3 medium
- Onions, finely chopped – 2 medium
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoons
- Red chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Bay leaves – 3
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – To taste
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander sprigs – 8-10
- Grind together pumpkin, tomatoes, onions, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and 3-4 cups water to a smooth puree.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add bay leaves and cumin seeds and when cumin changes colour, add the puree and salt and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook till the mixture thickens. Add lemon juice and mix well
- Finely chop coriander sprigs, add to the pan and simmer for a minute.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.