Carrot and ginger soup is a perfect healthy soup which has loads of health benefits and is good when you have cough and cold. Perfect monsoon recipe.
Butter 2 tbsp
Bay leaf 1 no.
Cinnamon Stick 1 inch
Coriander Seeds 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
Cloves 4-5 no.
Black peppercorn 1 tsp
Onion chopped 1 no. (Small)
Carrot Slice 2 no. (Small)
Salt to taste
Black pepper crushed ½ tsp
Water 3½ cups
Tomato cut into cube 1 no. (Large)
Ginger Julienne 1 inch + Garnish
- Heat butter in a pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, black peppercorn, mix well and sauté for 30 sec.
- Add chopped onion, mix well and sauté for 2 min.
- Add slice carrot, mix well and sauté for 1 min.
- Add salt, black pepper crushed, 3 cups of water, tomato cube, ginger julienne, mix well and cook for 10 min.
- After 10 min. Strain in a bowl and grind the remaining mixture till smooth paste.
- Heat the pan, add the grinded mixture along with strained water, mix well and cook for 1 min.
- Add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Strain the mixture again in bowl.
- Pour the soup in soup bowl, garnish with ginger julienne and serve hot.