Bread Cutlet or Bread Pakoda is everyone’s favorite in North India. Just add cheese in it and there is no better snack for us. Serve it with masala chai and that will be called heaven for sure. Here’s the recipe for mouthwatering Bread Cheese Cutlet for all of you to try at home.
- Potatoes, boiled & mashed 4 nos
- Bread slices 6-8 nos
- Cheese grated ½ cup
- Paneer, grated ½ cup
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Green chilli chopped 2-3 nos
- Coriander chopped 1 Tbsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Amchur powder 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying.
How to make Bread Cheese Cutlet (Method):
- Take the bread slices and cut the sides and keep aside. Do not throw away the sides.
- In a mixing bowl, add Potatoes, grated cheese, paneer, onion , green chilis chopped , coriander chopped, garam masala, amchur powder, Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well to make a filling.
- Dip bread slice in water to moisten it. Press it with both hands to remove the excess water from the slice.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and with your palm shape it to small balls.
- Place the potato mixture in the center and close the sides of the bread and make a roll.
- Fill the Potato mixture on one corner/side or at the center of of the slice. Some people like to keep the potato mixture at the corner and then roll the bread. It does not make a big difference as to which process you choose.
- Close the other side of the slice to make a roll. Close it in such a way so that the Potato mixture is not visible and is left with no space to spill out. And keep aside.
- In a pan heat enough oil to deep fry. Add the bread rolls to the oil and deep fry till crisp.
- Remove the rolls in an absorbent and heat the oil again.
- Add the rolls again to the oil and deep fry till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Now to make the mock fries, fry the edges of the bread and remove on absorbent paper
- Serve the bread cutlet with mock fries, date and tamarind chutney, mint chutney.