Chats are typical street foods of India, available across the country, this one is an easy method of making with bread as internationally you may not get papadi (Circular fried flour discs).
- Bread Slices – 6 nos
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Chopped tomato – 2 no
- Nylon Sev – 1 cup
- Chaat masala – to sprinkle
- Boiled and cubed potato – 2 no
- Chopped coriander/cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp
- Green chutney – 1/4 cup
- Tamarind chutney – 1/4 cup
- Pomegranate seeds -1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder- to sprinkle
- Rose water – 2-3 drops
- Yogurt -½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – to sprinkle
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cut the bread into roundel using cutter. Now heat the tawa and toast the bread until crisp. Cut the sides into croutons and toast it also.
- Now Place the bread on the serving plate.
- Take a bowl, add yogurt, sugar, rose water and whisk well.
- slice potato and place it on bread, sprinkle some red chilli powder, chaat masala, and salt, cumin powder then place the chopped onion and repeat all the masala again.
- Now place chopped tomatoes. topped it up with yogurt , date and tamarind chutney , green chutney . Sprinkle again all the masala.
- Then add the chopped coriander, nylon sev and pomegranate seeds.
- Lastly add the croutons and serve immediately.