Okra fritters a perfect unique style finger food for vegetarians served with coriander mint chutney
- Small lady fingers – 20-25 nos.
- Dried mango powder (amchur) – ½ tsp
- Goda masala- 1 tbsp
- Coarsely ground roasted peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Gram flour (besan) – 1 1/2cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼+1/2 tsp
- Oil- for deep frying
- Chaat masala – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – to sprinkle
- Trim the two the head of the lady fingers and slit vertically and put into a bowl
- Mix goda masala, ½ tsp dried mango powder, roasted peanuts and Salt turmeric powder and grind together. Remove it in bowl and stuff the mixture in the lady finger.
- Mix gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder1/2 tsp, and Salt in another bowl. Add sufficient water gradually and whisk to make a thick and smooth batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Dip lady fingers in the Besan batter and half fry them. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the oil again and deep fry the lady fingers half fry and remove it on a absorbent paper. Heat the oil again and put lady finger in the oil and fry until crisp. Remove it back on the absorbent papper.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and red chilli powder and serve hot.