The bhindi kadhi recipe is a simple and quick recipe that you can make for dinner. It is cooked with curd and besan(gram flour).
- Ladyfingers,small size – 400 grams
- Yogurt – 1 ½ cups
- Gram flour – 2 Tablespoons
- Ginger-garlic, paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Green chilli, paste – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Oil – 3 Tablespoons
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies, broken – 3
- Curry leaves – 6-8
- Black peppercorns – 8-10
- Cloves – 3-4
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped – 1 Tablespoon
- Whisk together yogurt and gram flour in a bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, salt and whisk to a smooth mixture. Add about four cups of water, turmeric powder and mix. Set aside.
- Trim the ladyfingers on either side.
- Heat the oil in a deep non stick pan. Add the asafoetida, mustard seeds and cumin seeds and saute till the seeds splutter. Add dried red chilies, curry leaves, black peppercorns, and cloves and saute till fragrant.
- Add the ladyfingers and saute for two to three minutes.
- Add the yogurt mixture and cook on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil, this should take about fifteen to twenty minutes. Continue boiling on slow flame for about five to eight minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.