Okra and Onions stir fried, a perfect vegetarian dish Indian style
- sliced ladies finger (bhindi) cut into cubes -500grms
- chopped onions – 1 large
- Onion cube – 2 large
- cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 tsp
- nigella seeds (kalonji) – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder (haldi) – 1/2tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Dry mango powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes chopped – 1 cup
- green chillies, chopped – 3-4
- thick curds (dahi), whisked – ½ cup
- oil – 2 +2 tbsp
- Tomatoes cubes – 2
- salt – to taste
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a pan, Add in the bhindi and sauté for 4-5 mins. Remove in a bowl and keep aside
- Heat again 2 tbsp of oil add in the cumin seed and Kallonji, chopped green chilli, and onion chopped and sauté well
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 1 min . Add chopped tomatoes and sauté.
- Now add in the salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, and garam masala powder and sauté well.
- Now add in the onion cube and sauté. Then add in the bhindi, tomato mix , Add in the yogurt and cover and cook for 5 mints.’
- After 5 mints stir and remove it in a serving bowl garnish it with pickled ginger julienne and coriander sprig and serve hot.