Okra and Onions stir fried, a perfect vegetarian dish Indian style
Okra (bhindi) cut into cubes 500grms
Onion chopped 1 no. large
Onion cube 2 large
Cumin seeds (jeera) 1 tsp
Nigella seeds (kalonji) 1 tsp
Turmeric powder (haldi) ½ tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1½ tbsp
Dry mango powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Tomatoes chopped 2 no.
Green chillies, chopped 3-4 no.
Thick curds (Dahi), whisked ½ cup
Oil 2 +2 tbsp
Tomatoes cubes 2 no.
Salt to taste
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a pan, Add in the bhindi and sauté for 4-5 mins. Remove in a bowl and keep aside
- Heat again 2 tbsp of oil add in the cumin seed and Kallonji, chopped green chilli, and onion chopped and sauté well till onion browns.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 1 min. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Now add in the salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, and garam masala powder and sauté for 2-3 mins
- Add yogurt and mix well. Add onion cubes, bhindi, tomato cubes, coriander chopped.
- Cover and cook for 5 mints.
- After 5 mints stir and remove it in a serving bowl garnish it with pickled ginger julienne and coriander sprig and serve hot.