Another one of popular Mumbai street food mouth-watering chaat.
- Kurmura (puffed rice) – 4 cups
- Red onion, chopped – 1 medium
- Roasted masala chana dal – ¼ cup
- Roasted peanuts – ¼ cup
- Potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced – 2 medium
- Green chiles, chopped – 2-3 no
- Sev – ½ cup
- Crisp puris, crushed – 8 no
- Salt – to taste
- Green mint and cilantro chutney – 8 tablespoons
- Sweet date and tamarind chutney – 6 tablespoons
- Garlic and red chile chutney – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Place the puffed rice, onion, chana dal, peanuts, potatoes, chiles, half of the sev and toss well.
- Add four crushed puris and mix. Add salt to taste.
- Add the green mint and cilantro chutney, sweet date and tamarind chutney and garlic and red chile chutney and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix. Garnish with cilantro leaves and the remaining sev.
- Serve immediately with remaining puris.
Chef’s tip: Bhelpuri should be served immediately after mixing as otherwise the puffed rice will lose its crunchiness and become soggy and the actual charm of this snack will be lost.