Mixed Flour Bread flavored with olive oil.
- Whole wheat – 1 cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Jawar – 2 cups
- Bajra – 2 cups
- Black chana – ¾ cup
- Urad dal – ¾ cup
- Coriander seeds – ½ cup
- Onion, chopped – 1 medium
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 9 teaspoons
- Add whole wheat flour, rice flour, jawar flour, bajra flour into a bowl with salt, turmeric powder, onion and one teaspoon of oil. Add water, a little at a time, and make a soft dough.
- Divide dough into eight equal portions. Flatten each portion into quarter-inch thick, four to five-inch rounds on a dampened banana leaf or thick polythene sheet.
- Make a hole in the centre of each thalipeeth. Heat a non stick tawa, and spread a half teaspoon oil over it. Transfer thalipeeth carefully onto the tawa. Spoon half teaspoon oil around the sides and cook on low heat for one minute.
- Turn the thalipeeth and cook the other side for one minute, or till crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter or yogurt.
Dry roast each ingredient separately. Cool, mix and grind to a fine powder. Bhajnee flour can be stored for up to one month.