Spicy gram flour indian breads.
- Besan (gram flour) – 1 cup
- Atta (whole wheat flour) – ½ cup
- Amchur (dried mango powder) – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1½ teaspoons
- Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chile powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Green Chiles, chopped – 2 no
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Pure ghee – 2 tablespoons + 4 teaspoons
- Table salt – 1 teaspoon
- Place the gram flour in a bowl. Add whole wheat flour, amchur, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chile powder, turmeric, green chiles, cilantro leaves, ghee, salt and ¼ cup (50 ml) water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll them into balls.
- Roll out each ball into 8-inch discs. These are the masala rotis.
- Place a non stick tawa (griddle) on high heat. Let it heat for 2 mintues, then reduce heat to medium. Place the rotis, one at a time, and cook drizzling ½ teas ghee on each roti. Turn the sides a few times to ensure even cooking on both the sides. Cook each roti for 4 minutes or till they are crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot.