Beetroot puris stuffed with spicy green peas.
- Beetroots, boiled, peeled and puréed – 2 no medium
- Green peas, blanched – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 3 cups
- Red chill powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Onion – 1 no medium
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala + for sprinkling – 1 tsp
- Juice of – 1/2 lemon
- Heat sufficient oil in a non stick kadai.
- Mix together wheat flour, puréed beetroots, 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt in a bowl. Add water as required and knead into a hard dough.
- To make the filling, coarsely ground the peas. Finely chop the onion and transfer it in a bowl. Add the peas, remaining red chilli powder, garam masala powder, carom seeds, chaat masala, lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply little oil to the kneaded dough and make equal size balls.
- Roll out each ball to make a puri. Place a little stuffing in the centre of each puri. Seal the edges, shape into a ball and flatten. Roll out further into puris.
- Deep fry the puris till evenly golden. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot.