A South Indian Snack which is generally fried and served with tea. This one is a healthier option with the goodness of beetroot and is not fried, go ahead and enjoy..
- Rice flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Gram Flour (besan) – 1/4 cup
- Beetroot Puree – ¾ cups
- Red Chili powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing ) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds (white) – 3/4 teaspoon
- Butter (room temperature) – 2 Tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – for basting
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. (Rice flour, gram flour, red chili powder, asafoetida powder and salt)
- Add the sesame seeds; crumble the butter into the flour and mix. Slowly add beetroot puree and make stiff dough. Place star shape disc in the chakali maker
- Fill the chakali maker with some dough with star hole plate. In a baking tray place silicon mat and shape the chakali
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius
- Bake the chakali for 35mins
- Once done cool the chakali put it in an air tight container and use as desire.