A South Indian Snack which is generally fried and served with tea. This one is a healthier option with the goodness of beetroot and is not fried, go ahead and enjoy..
Rice flour 1½ cup
Gram Flour (besan) ¼ cup
Beetroot Puree ¾ cups
Red Chili powder 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida (hing ) ¼ tsp
Sesame seeds (white) ¾ tsp
Butter (room temperature) 2 Tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Oil for basting
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour, gram flour, beetroot puree, sesame seeds, salt, red chili powder, Asafoetida, butter, mix well and make stiff dough. Add water and oil as required.
- Pre heat the oven at 180* C
- Place star shape disc in the chakali maker, Fill the chakali maker with some dough with star hole plate.
- In a baking tray place silicon mat and shape the chakali
- Bake the chakali for 18-20 mins
- Once done let the chakali cool, store in air tight container.