Healthy Beetroot and tomato soup for good health
Beetroots, diced 2 large
Tomatoes, diced 5 medium
Rice bran oil 2 tablespoons
Onions, finely chopped 2 medium
Garlic, finely chopped 8 cloves
Bay leaves 2
Milk 1 cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper crushed 1 teaspoon
Fresh cream ¼ cup
Coriander sprigs for garnish
- Heat rice bran oil in a pan, add onions and garlic and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add beetroots, tomatoes, bay leaves and enough water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook till the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Grind the cooled mixture to a fine paste with little water and milk. Strain, put it back into the pan and re-heat it.
- Add salt and crushed black peppercorns, mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil. Finish with fresh cream leaving aside on tablespoon for garnish.
- Transfer the soup into a soup bowl, top with reserved fresh cream and coriander sprigs and serve hot.