Healthy Beetroot and tomato soup for good health
- Beetroots, diced – 2large
- Tomatoes, diced – 5 medium
- Rice bran oil – 2 tablespoons
- Onions, finely chopped – 2 medium
- Garlic, finely chopped – 8 cloves
- Bay leaves- 2
- Milk – 1cup
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Coriander sprigs – for garnish
- Heat rice bran oil in a pan, add onions and garlic and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add beetroots, tomatoes, bay leaves and enough water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook till the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Grind the cooled mixture to a fine paste with little water and milk. Strain, put it back into the pan and re-heat it.
- Add salt and crushed black peppercorns, mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil. Finish with fresh cream leaving aside on tablespoon for garnish.
- Transfer the soup into a soup bowl, top with reserved fresh cream and coriander sprigs and serve hot.