A healthy and tasty pulao made with barja and some masalas.
- Bajra soaked in water overnight – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 no large
- Ginger piece – 1 inch
- Tomatoes – 2 no medium
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure pan. Roughly chop the onion and add to the pan.
- Cut the ginger into thin long strips and roughly chop the tomato. Add to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add bajra and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add 4 cups water. Close the lid and cook on high heat up to 2 whistles. Lower the heat and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.