Slices of brinjal marinated and grilled, spread with mint-walnut chutney and rolled.
- Long slender brinjals – 4 no
- Mint leaves – 2 cups + for garnishing
- Red chilly powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil – 6-8 tbsp
- Dried mango powder (aamchur) – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped – 10-12 no
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 4 no
- Walnuts, broken – 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 no
- Take water in a bowl. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- Cut the brinjal into thin, long slices, add to the water and keep aside.
- Mix together red chilly powder, turmeric powder, 4-5 tbsp mustard oil, amchur and salt in a bowl.
- Drain the brinjal slices, add to the bowl. Coat with the marinade and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan.
- Add garlic, green chillies, walnuts and sauté till garlic turns golden.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixer jar. Add mint leaves and lemon juice and grind into a chutney. Transfer the chutney in a bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Heat the remaining mustard oil in a non stick pan. Add the marinated brinjal slices, cover and cook flipping sides till evenly golden.
- Transfer the brinjal slices on to a plate. Spread the mint chutney and roll the slices.
- Transfer the rolls on a serving plate. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.